Pastel Etc...proudly presents Otto Sturcke, a young and talented artist.
As a representational artist, Otto Stürcke seeks to find common ground between the contemporary and the classical. Otto is greatly influenced by the Dutch Masters, and aims to depict the personal, the emotional, and the quiet elegance through light, shadow, and texture.
In recent years, Stürcke has gained recognition and several awards for his works including :
- Gold Medal Award by the Pastel Society of America.
(The Art Spirit Foundation Dianne B. Bernhard)
- The Robert & Patricia Suggs Award by the Pastel Society of the West Coast.
- The “Best of 2012” by Art Los Angeles Magazine.
- First Place at the 2017 Pastel Society of Southern California.
- Otto has also been chosen to be part of the “American Latino Collective at the Smithsonian Museum.
His work has been published in the French publication “40 Maitres du Pastel” (40 Masters of Pastel) by Pratique des Arts Magazine.
The “Art of Chalk” by Tracy Stum ad as “Artist of Note” by Southwest Art Magazine
Award at the 45th PSA Annual Exhibition: Enduring Brilliance, and now
Pastel Society of America Master Pastelist! (2017)